Meet Marnobia. We met in 2016 during my outreach Nueva Vida, a cancer support and empowerment group for Latinas. They shared my call for participants and Marnobia was the first woman I received a response from in the group.
Given our language barrier I couldn’t understand her exact response to my interview questions, but I could feel her power and bravery in the tone of her voice.
After having her interview translated from Spanish to English, her response about the support she received from her family and positive attitude during her journey with breast cancer treatment, gave me tears of joy. I hope you enjoy her interview as much as I do.
Thanks to your support I’m headed to Sarasota!
I Am More Than My Hair was awarded an Official Selection and will screen at the 2020 Through Women’s Eyes International Film Festival, taking place place on March 6 – 8, in Sarasota, FL. If you’re in the area, consider attending the film festival.
I Am More Than My Hair screens on Sunday March 8th. Read more and purchase tickets
As my outreach continues… with rewards!
If my film continues to be selected (a wonderful problem to have), it’s an average of $1K per festival for me to participate (airfare, travel, lodging, food, etc.). Unfortunately, even if my film is selected most film festivals don’t cover expenses or travel cost.
With that in mind… your support is appreciated! Here’s a few ways you be of support:
1. Make a donation – Donate $50 or more and I’ll mail you a copy of my book, calendar, tote bag or mouse pad (see photos below). You choose!
Donate $200 + and I’ll ship all 4!
- Not interested in the tax-deduction? Contact me and I’ll send you an invoice via PayPal. Simply click the button below to send an email letting me know your preference.
- If you prefer a tax-deduction, donate via my fiscal sponsor, Docs In Progress. Please note that it will take longer to ship as the funds aren’t immediately available. I’ll keep you posted on the ETA.
2. Purchase a copy on Amazon. If you prefer to purchase a copy of I Am More Than My Hair on Amazon, please purchase directly from me (AC Media). 10% of proceeds from book sales are donated to Children’s Alopecia Project (CAP). Please note, I am only able to donate to CAP if you make a purchase via AC Media. I won’t receive payment for books sold via the other companies.
3. Prefer not to make an online payment? Not a problem. Feel free to mail a check. Please include your reward preference (book, calendar, tote or mouse pad) on the check. Contact me for the mailing address
4. Interested in hosting a private screening? Contact me for more info.
Thank you for your continued support!